This two-day course is designed to help you consolidate the knowledge you already have and – more importantly – identify where you need to focus additional studying in order to be successful in the National Knowledge Exam.
During this interactive workshop, you will receive, review and discuss important HR theory for each competency area. You’ll also receive the RPCs, terms, definitions and sample exam questions, which will enable you to identify and rectify knowledge gaps.
Moncton: September 7 & 8, 2017
$349.00 + HST
You Will Learn
- The structure and format of the CPHR knowledge exam – components and weightings
- An overview of the updated body of knowledge covered by the exam
- To apply the knowledge using sample questions and group activities
- How to design and implement an individualized learning plan
You Will Receive
- a 300+ page manual containing concepts, terminology, principles, legislation and practices from the eight discipline areas covered in the exam
- glossary exercises for each of the new nine functional areas of knowledge (over 350 terms and definitions) you can use to enhance your understanding of HR terminology
- over 400 sample questions
About the Facilitator
David Cannon is one of Canada’s initial CPHRs, receiving his designation in 1990. He has facilitated the provincial NKE and NPPA preparatory courses since CPHRNB began offering them. Otherwise, he is an HR and Business Consultant. David’s career includes over 25 years in senior management positions in human resources, his prior position being Vice-President HR, Canada, for The ICT Group.
David’s volunteer efforts include past President of the Moncton Chapter, 12 years as a member of the CPHRNB Executive, Chair of the 2004 ACHRA event, and Co-Chair of both the 2008 and 2010 Atlantic HR Conferences.
David studied economics and commerce at Trinity College, University of Toronto, and Personnel Administration at Ryerson. David was honoured to receive the 2007 Atlantic Canada Human Resources Award for Excellence in Human Resources.
Withdrawals are permitted until the registration deadline, and must be made in writing to Solange Gagnon at email@example.com. Non-attendees or cancellations after this date will be invoiced the full amount ($349.00 + HST).
It is important to note that the preparatory session is designed to give you direction on how to prepare for the exam as well as providing a source of study materials. Success in writing the National Knowledge Exam requires understanding of a vast body of knowledge. Participating in this session alone will not guarantee success. It will require on-going studying to ensure that you are as prepared as you possibly can be for the exam.
Textbooks can be borrowed from CPHRNB.