|DATE:||August 4th 2020|
|DATE:||August 21st 2020|
|DATE:||August 25th 2020|
This is a live virtual event using Zoom, an online meeting platform. Please check system requirements prior to registering.
Dealing with issues related to mental health in the workplace can be challenging and difficult to navigate. It is essential that organizations have the capabilities to manage mental health because early identification and support typically leads to continued productivity and retention of employees. With the right support, people with mental health concerns can thrive in the workplace. This workshop provides a roadmap to help managers participate in conversations with employees who may require support when experiencing difficulties related to mental health. Participants will learn strategies for creating a more inclusive work environment that reduces stigma surrounding mental illness.
Some of the Topics Included
- Why Mental Health Matters
- Common Mental Illnesses
- Assumptions About Mental Illness
- Signs and Symptoms of Mental Health Concerns
- How to Approach Someone About a Mental Health Concern
- Return-to-Work Strategies
- Employer Responsibilities and Rights
- Best Practices for Workplace Mental Health