Revised Mandatory Order
The mandatory order was revised yesterday to reflect the transition of the entire Province back to the orange level of recovery.
Regions in the Orange Level
- All zones of the Province have entered into the orange level of recovery. This includes the following:
- New Brunswick residents are limited to a single household bubble. This includes any caregivers for any member of the household, any one parent, child, sibling, grandparent or grandchild who is required for support for any member of the household, and any one other person who is required for support for any member of the household.
- Face masks are now mandatory in public outdoor locations where that person is within 2 meters of persons from outside their single household bubble.
- Businesses that offer food or drink to their customers must take all reasonable steps to ensure customers who do not reside together do not sit or stand within 2 metres of each other.
- All fitness businesses must take all reasonable steps to ensure participants in fitness classes are wearing face masks and are at all times 2 metres apart. For high intensity activities such as spin classes, aerobics and boot camps, all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure participants are 3 metres apart.
- Any business whose operations involve close contact with customers including non-regulated health professionals must ensure active screening of customers, effective barriers between customers, and deny customers access to waiting rooms.
Prohibited Travel into the Province
- Persons, even if not symptomatic of COVID-19, are no longer permitted to enter New Brunswick to visit a family member or members of their immediate family who reside in New Brunswick.
- Residents of any Canadian province or territory, even if not symptomatic of COVID-19, are no longer permitted to enter New Brunswick to stay at a property they own in New Brunswick.
- Owners and occupiers of land and/or buildings remain responsible to take all reasonable steps to prevent gatherings of more than 50 persons unless effective procedures ensure adequate screening and distancing.
- The maximum number of people permitted to be present at a marriage ceremony, reception, funeral or celebration of life is 25.
- Informal gatherings are prohibited in any indoor space, except of persons within the same bubble. A gathering is “informal” if it is not hosted by a business or organization in compliance with a formal COVID-19 operational plan.