Human Resources Manager
North West New Brunswick
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, the successful candidate is accountable for timely and efficient delivery of the following essential services including, but not limited to:
- Administering health and safety programs while providing direction and support to safety initiatives throughout all operations and activities.
- Providing the necessary HR support to conform with environmental management system targets necessary to maintain SFI environmental certification.
- Recruitment activities targeting the onboarding of top performers while ensuring compliance and consideration to employment equity, diversity, and human rights considerations.
- Preparing various reports, personnel records, staff files, job descriptions, succession planning, performance evaluations, and objectives.
- Administrating benefit programs applicable to the various employee groups.
- Preparing and administrating an annual H.R. budget.
- Ensuring cost-effective training programs are delivered to support business objectives while addressing individual needs.
- Promoting a positive industrial relations environment to support safety, quality, and performance targets.
- Coordinating annual performance review, incentive, and salary review programs.
- Working closely with operations staff to ensure compliance with legal requirements, Company policies, practices, procedures, and reporting targets.
- Participating in community focused initiatives and related professional organizations.
- Overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the Company’s administrative office located at Plaster Rock, NB.
The preferred candidate will:
- Hold a post-secondary degree complimented with a minimum of five years related experience and/or training.
- Maintain a professional certification with currency in a related continuing education program.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, loyalty, maturity, and skill to preserve strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products. Experience with a HR Information System would be an asset.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills (bilingualism English/French is a significant asset).
- Possess problem-solving proficiency to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Be capable of providing clear criminal record, drug, and functional capacity verifications.
Acadian Timber has the need for a Senior Level Human Resources Manager based in North-West New Brunswick. The Human Resources function supports operations in New-Brunswick and in Maine interacting directly with approximately 60 Acadian Timber employees and indirectly with approximately 60 contractors employing upwards of 450 contracted employees.
About the Company
Acadian Timber is a leading supplier of primary forest products in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern United States with approximately 2.4 million acres of land under management in New Brunswick and Maine. As one of the largest timberland operators in New Brunswick and Maine, Acadian has a strong track record of success and adheres to the highest standards of safety and environmental stewardship.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit their resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, by September 30, 2020.
While only those selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all applicants for their interest.