Mount Allison University
Human Resources Consultant
Admin Pay Scale
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources (HR) Consultant provides expertise and support to the organization in a broad range of HR functional areas. With a primary focus on recruitment, staffing and onboarding, they will provide advice, guidance and support to management to help ensure that sound and sustainable decisions are made. The HR Consultant will also provide general consulting services to the organization on a variety of human resources related areas, including in the areas of training and development, health and safety and benefits. They will build the strong relationships necessary to succeed and will identify and implement new and creative approaches to enhance services or improve efficiencies. This developmental role will have an opportunity to support other members of the HR team in their respective areas of focus, thereby expanding their own professional expertise. To view a complete position description, visit our website at www.mta.ca/employment
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with major in HR or Business Administration
• CPHR certification is strongly preferred
• Minimum of 3 years progressive HR experience, preferably in a unionized environment, is required
• Knowledge and experience in applying HR policies and procedures, collective agreements and relevant legislation.
• Experience using HR information systems and proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to build solid, productive working relationships both internally and externally
• Strong problem-solving and innovation skills in the provision of advice and guidance to managers
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent presentation skills
• Experience working collaboratively in an integrated team
• Ability to identify change opportunities and develop and implement effective alternatives, particularly relating to administrative procedures and processes
• Solid project management skills and able to plan and work proactively
• Effective analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Ability to manage difficult and sensitive situations as required; possesses a high respect for confidentiality
About the Company
Mount Allison has been recognized by Maclean’s as the top primarily undergraduate university in Canada 21 times in the past 29 years — a record unmatched by any other university. Located in Sackville, NB, Mount Allison boasts one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Our close-knit and engaging community extends across campus and beyond.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the challenges and opportunities that this position has to offer, please forward your application on or before September 21, 2020 to: Human Resources Department, Mount Allison University, 65 York St., Sackville, NB E4L 1E4, Fax: (506) 364-2385, e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that this is a two year full-time term position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mount Allison is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual and gender identities. We seek candidates with qualifications and knowledge to contribute specifically to the further diversification of our campus community.