Grant Thornton LLP Canada
People and Culture Manager
Saint John, New Brunswick
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
A great opportunity awaits a highly passionate and motivated People and Culture Manager to join our Consumer Insolvency Business Unit (CIBU). As part of the People and Culture Team, this role provides a unique opportunity to engage in attraction and talent development with the support of a high-performing local, regional and national team. If you are passionate about the field of human resources and have an ability to engage those around you to grow an award-winning, high performance organization, this is your opportunity.
This position is based out of Saint John and will require occasional travel to other Consumer Insolvency offices in Canada.
As a People and Culture Manager (CIBU), you will:
- Actively manage the implementation of our People and Culture strategy including talent attraction, engagement and development.
- Increase talent development and retention through guidance on coaching and management best practices to people leaders.
- Provide a high level of service and support to internal clients around cyclical and event-based processes such as annual reviews, compensation and exiting processes for various locations.
- Provide support to the business unit on the firm’s talent management and HRIS system.
- Assist our CIBU Leadership Team with talent assessment, workforce and succession planning, risk assessment and development plans.
- Support our Inclusiveness Partner and Committee to achieve the Firm’s Leading Inclusively mission.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
- You have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource role and a post-secondary diploma/certificate in HR. CHRP is an asset.
- You have strong knowledge of current legislation related to employment as well as current HR theories and practices including recruitment, policy and performance management.
- You are a high energy person with an ability to multi-task and deliver excellent client service.
- You maintain strict confidentiality, use high levels of diplomacy and tact, and have a strong attention to detail.
- You have prior experience coaching leaders and can manage conflict.
- It’ll be an asset if you have experience working in a professional services or a partnership environment.
About the Company
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and business advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services—locally and across Canada to dynamic privately owned, publicly listed and public sector organizations.
Together with the Quebec firm, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, we have approximately 4,000 people in offices across the country.
As a member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, we benefit from being part of a network of more than 50,000 people providing clients with distinctive and personalized service in over 130 countries.
How to Apply
Please apply through the Grant Thornton careers website, using this link- People and Culture Manager