Day & Ross Inc.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will drive full-cycle recruiting efforts and support strategic HR recruiting initiatives. The purpose of this role is to attract and successfully place top talent, thus leveraging The Day & Ross Transportation Group with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Post-secondary education, preferably in human resources and/or recruitment practices
• A suitable combination of education and experience may also be considered
• 1-2 years of experience in full cycle recruiting with demonstrated experience in sourcing hard to fill/unique roles.
• Experience with diversity and inclusion hiring strategies and initiatives.
• Experience with client management across levels and influencing without authority.
• Experience with brand/awareness strategies, coordinating external relationships and/or engagements.
• Experience working with cross functional teams and collaborating across teams.
• Communication skills – advanced, both verbal and written
• Computer skills – accuracy, MS products, AS400, web based programs
• Resourceful – ability to think outside of the box to find suitable candidates for hard to fill positions
• Demonstrated customer relationship skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure in high transactional environment
• Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues
• Results focused
• English, other languages an asset
This position is tentatively scheduled for Monday to Friday, day time hours but may be required outside of these hours.
The working environment can include extended periods sitting working on a computer and on a phone. Moderate travel required up to 20%.
About the Company
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
How to Apply
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.