Kent Homes Ltd., a division of J.D. Irving, Ltd.
Senior HR Business Partner
Our exciting and dynamic team is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic HR professional to help lead the change. Our workforce is continuously growing and is looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to help ensure that our most valuable asset, our employees, are being taken care of.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources for the Construction & Equipment Division, the successful candidate must be customer-focused, thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude. This position will act as a strategic business partner at Kent Homes working closely with the Leadership Team to develop, support and execute various employee relations, performance management and communication strategies in support of the business, as well as acts as an employee champion and change agent. The successful individual is responsible to form internal and external partnerships to deliver value-added service to management and employees that supports the business objectives of the organization. This role provides expertise and hands-on support in a broad range of HR functions including employee relations, leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, training and development, compensation and recruitment/retention.
- Perform strategic HR Planning and execution as a part of the Kent Homes Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead the Labor Relations function in a unionized environment in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Consult with People Leaders, providing HR guidance, and day-to-day support (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Collaborate with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure consistent interpretation, guidance and application of HR policies and procedures, and administration of the collective agreement across the business.
- Build positive working relationships across all levels of the organization within Kent Homes and within human resources for J.D. Irving Limited.
- Develop and deliver employee engagement plans, presentations and correspondence.
- Analyze HR trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers, and lead employee onboarding.
- Assess and anticipate HR-related needs, such as workforce planning, succession planning and reorganization.
- Ensure data accuracy of employee information and make necessary updates in HRIS system (HCM).
- Other duties as required.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on human resources and/or business administration;
- 7-10 years of progressive HR experience with demonstrated experience working with senior leadership, exposure to the manufacturing environment an asset;
- CPHR designation preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools an asset;
- Experience with high volume/seasonal recruitment preferred;
- Proficient in MS Office required; HRIS experience an asset;
- Bilingual preferred - proficient with writing and speaking English and French;
- Self-directed, requires minimal supervision;
- Demonstrates curiosity, problem solving, judgment and decision-making ability;
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external client groups;
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility while managing shifting priorities;
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks;
- Professional maturity and ability to handle confidential information;
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills;
- Exceptional organizational, communication and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high quality work.
What We Offer:
Including health, drug & dental, life insurance, disability insurance, RRSP match, vacation, tuition & wellness reimbursement, and more.
There are many opportunities to grow your career within our organization, being part of the J.D. Irving, Ltd. group of companies. We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in Maritimes.
About the Company
Kent Homes is Atlantic Canada's largest provider of homes and modular space solutions. We've been building quality structures since 1958 as part of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of businesses. Kent Homes Limited consists of 3 distinct business units: Kent Commercial, Kent Mobile Shelters, and the residential home division entitled Kent Homes. Located in Bouctouche, New Brunswick, we build top quality homes and offices year round.
To learn more about our products and services, please visit www.kenthomes.com.
How to Apply
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online at JDIJOBS.CA.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kent Homes Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.