Medavie Blue Cross
Human Resources Consultant
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
As an HR professional, in a partnership role supporting the business operations, you will demonstrate independent judgement and initiative in determining and recommending courses of action when dealing with a full range of HR issues and initiatives including employee relations, performance management, workforce planning, health & safety and change management. You will work with all employee groups represented within your business unit, in addition to providing insight and leading various corporate initiatives as assigned.
As a Human Resources Consultant your key responsibilities will include:
• Increase impact and effectiveness of HR in supporting business direction by developing stronger partnerships with the business leaders. Develop a good understanding of their priorities and the issues/challenges they face and how the Business Unit results contribute to the organization performance as a whole. Ensure HR programs contribute to their operations and objectives and are integrated with their business plans. Identify HR opportunities in business unit plans and initiatives.
• Review and help business leaders interpret engagement survey results and provide support on trend identification and assist with action planning process and coach them on how to improve engagement.
• Using reporting and analytics to predict trends, provide employee relations consulting support in the areas of performance, retention, absenteeism, and organizational design. Coach leaders on the effective use of employee performance programs and develop proactive strategies as they relate to addressing individual employee performance issues within assigned client group(s).
• Provide advisory services to client group leadership team on the interpretation and implementation of employee relations policies and best practices. Interact directly with all levels of employees in assigned client group(s) to provide council and direction on all issues in an unbiased and consistent manner while operating within appropriate federal and provincial employment laws and standards.
• Assist client group(s) management team in creating effective staffing plans to forecast supply and demand; support career pathing and succession planning. Provide advice and assistance to client group(s) and recruitment team with respect to hiring decisions and crafting realistic and comprehensive job descriptions.
• Provide consulting support to business partners by developing a solid understanding of all compensation programs, pay for performance, benefits and pension plans.
• Partner with other HR COE in building and facilitating leadership sessions for leaders.
• Lead and manage HR projects on a needed basis.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
Education: Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
Work Experience: Minimum of seven years’ experience in a human resources role in a corporate environment including 3 years of experience in an HR consulting role.
Other Qualifications: Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CHRP) designation;
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office. Experience with SAP (HRIS) is an important asset.
Language Skills: Bilingualism written and verbal (French and English) is a strong asset.
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of employment and labour legislation.
Analytical Thinking: Strong problem solving, analytical skills which provide the ability to diagnose and successfully handle complex Human Resources and Organizational Development issues.
Communication Skills: Proven written and verbal communication skills with exceptional listening and interpretative skills enabling you to interact professionally with all levels within your client groups.
Customer Orientation: Passionate about delivering great customer service to internal clients.
Execution and Organizational Skills: Proven ability to multi task and be flexible in order to adapt and thrive in a fast paced environment. Exhibits commitment to ongoing continues improvement.
Team Work: Have talent for working both independently and collaboratively within a team environment while maintaining a positive and creative approach in dealing with complex situations.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company
“Improving lives through our products and services, people and expertise.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,700 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website. https://jobs.medaviebc.ca/job/Moncton-Human-Resources-Consultant-NB/360582917/
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.