The Lounsbury Group of Companies is looking for an experienced Payroll Coordinator to work at our head office in Moncton.
Working within the payroll team, the Payroll Adminsitrator is responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll for hourly, salary, and commissioned employees.
- Working within the payroll team to process the bi-weekly payroll
- Remit statutory deductions, union dues, gym membership fees, group insurance premiums
- Respond to payroll inquiries by employees and managers
- Prepare ad hoc reports when needed
- Maintain multiple spreadsheets with payroll and employee data
- Prepare monthly journal entries for input to the general ledger
- Ensure T4's are prepared and distributed accurately and on time
- Ensure all new hire and terminations are processed accordingly
- Prepare Records of Employment
- Identify process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes
- Maintain employee files
We are looking for a trustworthy and reliable person. Someone who truly understands what it means to be a team player and someone who sees each challenge as an opportunity to improve instead of seeing it as a problem.
In addition to a positive mindset, we are looking for the following skills:
- College diploma in Business Administration and/or Human Resources Management.
- Must have Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) designation (either Certified Payroll Practitioner or Certified Payroll Manager).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience; preferable 7-10 years of experience working in a payroll department for a medium to large size organization.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to his or her work.
About the Company
The Lounsbury Group has successful retail operations in New Brunswick, covering the entire province from North to South. Lounsbury's greatest accomplishment is the ability to have grown our business in a diverse environment of bilingual communities. Lounsbury Group employs over 500 employees in its automotive dealerships, heavy-duty truck dealerships, brand name home furnishing stores and our own independent leasing company. We are a company which has rejuvenated itself continuously to remain leaders in our respective businesses. Our network of operations covers the region and our corporate goodwill has enabled us to develop strong relationships in the communities we serve.
Are you interested?
Work With Us:
Lounsbury's is committed to investing in our employees through training programs and a great work environment, plus:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance and excellent employee discounts;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful working environment with strong company values.
All applications are kept confidential.