Town of Riverview
Human Resources Advisor
Riverview New Brunswick
The Town of Riverview is currently seeking a Human Resources Advisor.
This position provides generalized HR support to Town departments and plays a key advisory role for the Town’s health and safety programs and recruitment programs. Reporting to the Director of HR, this position will be expected to support and coordinate HR services and initiatives to help increase employee engagement which include but are not limited to the Employee Wellness, staff recognition programs and celebrations, etc. The incumbent will also be expected to maintain and continuously improve the Town’s Health & Safety Plan and be a positive force in shaping a work environment rich in safety culture. The incumbent will also focus on streamlining recruitment processes for staff and students, the associated on-boarding processes and workplace orientation.
Recruitment and Retention
- Responsible for recruitment process (FT, PPT, Casual and student), not limited to job postings, job ads, recruitment fairs, candidate selection, interviewing, candidate reference validation, offer letters, and administrative duties related to recruitment.
- Administers the employee orientation process.
Health and Safety:
- Administers the Health & Safety Program.
- Coordinates training and awareness sessions related to the Health and Safety Program.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Worker’s Compensation Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Firefighters’ Compensation Act and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Researches, plans, organizes and facilitates programs for all Town employees with regard to safety orientation, WHMIS, Supervisory Due Diligence, Employee Rights & Responsibilities, etc.
- Analyzes incident and injury trends to identify training deficiencies and/or opportunities for operational work flow improvements. Provides assistance with clerical and technical support for HR activities.
- Maintains accurate, up to date and complete employee safety training records.
- Participates on various internal committees including (JSHC, Wellness, etc.)
- Attends staff meetings, training sessions, and or seminars as required.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other Town employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Assists in the administration of employee recognition programs and employee celebrations (Town Staff Holiday party, Long Service awards, Retirement parties etc).
- Advises and assists senior management on the interpretation and administration of HR policies, programs and practices.
- Recommends, develops and maintains general HR data bases and filing systems.
- Assists the Director of HR with special projects.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the effectiveness of HR initiatives for Town employees.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively in support of the Human Resources staff.
- Monitors and reviews trends in Human Resources and recommends improvements.
- Stays up to date on compliance with current employment legislation and provincial human rights.
- Follows provincial privacy and access to information legislation regarding the use and storage of employee information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business Administration, and/or a related field.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in Human Resources.
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable legislation, health and safety, recruitment techniques, policy development and administration.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving.
- Strong writing and content development skills.
- Strong presentation, oratory and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Proven leadership, team and personnel development and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement Town policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and implement the NB Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certified.
Applications will be accepted up to 4:30pm, Thursday, March 21st, 2019.
How to Apply
Your resume and cover letter must clearly indicate how you meet the above-mentioned job requirements. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Human Resources Advisor’ in the subject line.