Day & Ross Inc.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will drive full-cycle recruiting efforts and support strategic HR recruiting initiatives. The purpose of this role is to attract and successfully place top talent, thus leveraging Day & Ross with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
• In collaboration with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners, execute all activities relating to talent acquisition – search strategy, sourcing, job postings, recruitment, candidate development, screening, interviewing, administering candidate assessments, reference checking, hiring and on-boarding.
• Optimize the use of a variety of sources, including conventional media, internet technologies, social media, resume mining, referrals and other direct sourcing techniques to develop and maintain a database of qualified and diverse external and internal candidates.
• Collaborate on special careers projects such as job fairs, campus recruiting, co-op programs, etc.
• Develop working knowledge of each assigned position to fully understand the requirements of the role, including conducting pre and post meetings with hiring manager(s).
• Promote employment brand awareness to attract top talent, build a stronger presence among applicants.
• Develop, sustain and innovate a strategy to cultivate talent for short and long term hiring needs. This will include a focus on our external brand efforts, candidate experience and ensure niche talent is connected to our inclusive hiring processes.
• Other related duties as may be required.
To be qualified for this role, you must clearly exhibit some or all of the following:
• Post-secondary education, preferably in human resources and/or recruitment practices; a suitable combination of education and experience may also be considered.
• 1-2 years of experience in full cycle recruiting with demonstrated experience in sourcing hard to fill/unique roles.
• Experience with diversity and inclusion hiring strategies and initiatives.
• Experience with client management across levels and influencing without authority.
• Experience with brand/awareness strategies, coordinating external relationships and/or engagements.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams and collaborating across teams.
• Communication skills – advanced, both verbal and written.
• Computer skills – accuracy, MS products, AS400, web based programs.
• Resourceful – ability to think outside of the box to find suitable candidates for hard to fill positions.
• Demonstrated customer relationship skills.
• Strong conflict resolution skills.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure in high transactional environment.
• Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues.
• Results focused.
• English, other languages an asset.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
About the Company
From humble beginnings in the 1950s to a comprehensive suite of integrated transportation and logistics services, Day & Ross has grown to become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada with a growing presence in the USA. With over 5,500 employees and owner operators, Day & Ross, a wholly owned subsidiary of McCain Foods Limited, has become a dominant player in cross-border and TL/LTL transportation, continuing to offer a diversified portfolio of transportation and logistics solutions. Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005.
Our commitment to safety and sustainability is rooted in our family values and care for our employees and the communities where we work and live.
Make your move today!
How to Apply
If you are interested in growing with Day & Ross please apply directly on our website at www.dayandrosscareers.com or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and location in the subject line.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.