As of today, a Revised Mandatory Order is in effect. The Revised Mandatory Order clarifies existing provisions from the previous Mandatory Order and introduces new restrictions.
Thanksgiving Weekend Province-Wide Restrictions
Starting October 8, 2021 at 6:00pm and ending on October 11, 2021 at 11:59pm, the “single household bubble” restriction returns across the Province. This means that private gatherings (both indoor and outdoor) are prohibited except with those you live with, plus:
- any caregiver for any of those persons,
- any parent, child, sibling, grandparent or grandchild of any of those persons who requires support, and
- any one other person who requires support.
There are no restrictions on fully vaccinated people gathering at businesses, events, services, and other controlled access venues where proof of full vaccination with government issued ID is confirmed for all patrons and guests.
Beginning on October 8, 2021 at 7:00am, the following areas will be subject to additional restrictions:
- Zone 1 (Moncton Region), as far north as and including Sainte-Anne-de-Kent;
- Zone 3 (Fredericton Region) in the upper Saint John River Valley north of and including Florenceville-Bristol;
- All of Zone 4 (Edmundston Region)
The additional restrictions include:
- Single Household Bubble: Contacts must be limited to a single household bubble which includes individuals living together, plus:
– any caregivers for any member of the household,
– any parent, child, sibling, grandparent or grandchild who requires support, and
– any one other person who requires support.
- Gatherings Prohibited: No private indoor or outdoor gatherings are permitted.
- Restricted Travel: Travel to and from circuit breaker areas is restricted with the exception of travel for essential reasons, including:
– health services,
– child custody,
– post-secondary education,
– travel to events where proof of vaccination is required, or
– travel through the area.
- Businesses, entertainment centres and events may remain open and can continue to admit people who show proof of full vaccination and a government-issued ID. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
NOTE: Travel is permitted WITHIN a circuit breaker area.
Those areas outside the “circuit breaker” zones remain subject to the “Steady 20” Bubble.
Expanded Powers of Peace, Occupational Health and Safety, and Medical Officers
Peace officers, occupational health and safety officers, and medical officers may now do the following where they believe on reasonable grounds that the Mandatory Order or the COVID-19 Preventative Measure Regulation has been violated:
- order a premise vacated;
- order that the owner/occupier of a premises close the premises so that entrance or access is prevented;
- detain any person who refuses to vacate as ordered.
These powers do not apply to private homes or apartments.