The CPHRNB Awards of Excellence are celebrated every two years to recognize New Brunswick’s leaders in Human Resources.
The CPHRNB Awards of Excellence include the following:
Rising Star Award
The Rising Star Award recognizes an CPHRNB member who has demonstrated great promise and energy in the early stage of their human resources career. Rising Stars clearly demonstrate the qualities and commitment required to be a future leader in the human resources profession.
- Be an CPHRNB member in good standing.
- Have no more than five years of experience working in the human resources field and have no more than ten years total career experience.
- Be a CPHR or a CPHR candidate.
- Measurable contribution to the workplace – Makes a positive contribution to the workplace by demonstrating initiative in applying human resources knowledge and skills, promoting the application of human resources practices and the value of human resources.
- Education – Commitment to pursuing human resources-related higher education through a post-secondary institution, CPHR designation or other professional development means.
- Community Involvement – Actively involved in the community through participation in professional associations (i.e., CPHRNB), extra-curricular activities with a human resources focus, or volunteering with community organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative in the workplace; going beyond expectations.
- Persistence and determination, especially in the face of challenges.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the profession of human resources.
Human Resources Professional of the Year Award
The Human Resources Professional of the Year Award recognizes an exemplary CPHRNB individual who plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization, is a catalyst for organization-wide change, serves as a trusted advisor on organizational strategy, and demonstrates leadership in the human resources profession and their organization.
- Be an CPHRNB member in good standing.
- Be a CPHR.
- Have at least five years of experience working in the human resources field.
- Leadership — The nominee demonstrates leadership and vision in championing people practices and motivating others to effect positive change, is a role model, and shares their knowledge and experience with others.
- Organizational impact — The nominee frequently champions change in the pursuit of continuous improvement and strategic advantage for the organization, and plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization.
- Commitment to the human resources profession — While serving as an ambassador for the organization, the nominee is involved in activities that contribute to the human resources community and profession as well as being focused on their own professional development and growth.
- Ethics and integrity – Role models professional values and ethical practice.
- Results – Has the ability to execute and is results-oriented.
- Strategist – Provides strategic alignment of human resources functions with corporate strategy, and can envision the big picture.
CPHRNB Honorary Life Member Award
The CPHRNB Honorary Life Member Award recognizes an exemplary CPHRNB member with at least 15 years of experience in human resources who has made significant contributions to the advancement of the human resources profession in New Brunswick.
- Be a current CPHRNB member in good standing or a recently retired member.
- Have more than fifteen years of experience in human resources.
- Have a minimum of fifteen years of membership in CPHRNB.
- Have the unanimous support of the CPHRNB Board of Directors.
- Significant contributions that had a wide-reaching impact in the human resources community over a significant period of time, including but not limited to, the CPHRNB.
- A well-respected leader who consistently delivers value to their stakeholders.
- A reputation for mentoring human resources professionals and sharing knowledge and expertise with the human resources community.
- A steadfast adherence to a moral code of ethics and a professional who constantly maintains integrity in the workplace.
- A person of influence with respect to the value of human resources.
- Ongoing and current volunteerism and community involvement.
- Personal attributes that demonstrate inherent understanding of human resources and the ability to have an impact beyond their own role.
- Displays solid work ethic, dedication and innovation.
Instructions for submitting an CPHRNB Awards of Excellence Nomination
A complete CPHRNB Awards of Excellence nomination has the following components:
- Nomination Form
- Narrative Summary
- Reference Letters
Step One - Review Rules and Regulations:
Review General Rules and Regulations listed on this page
The person you are nominating must be aware of the nomination. Please be sure they are advised before completing the nomination form.
Step Two - CPHRNB Awards of Excellence Nomination Submission
Complete the Nomination Form
Submit the following documentation with the nomination form:
- Either two reference letters or two references who can be contacted by a member of the judging panel (please ensure both phone and email contact information is provided).
- Additional supporting material (i.e. form, brochure, communication material, etc.).
Any questions regarding the online submission form should be directed to:
Questions regarding the CPHRNB Awards of Excellence General Rules and Regulations may be directed to:
CPHRNB Awards of Excellence Nominations
Chartered Professionals in Human Resources New Brunswick
General Rules and Regulations
- An individual can only win once per award category.
- Nominations are welcomed for any generalist or specialty function within the human resources field.
- Nominations will be accepted only with the expressed consent of the nominee.
- The Judging Panel may contact members of the nominee’s organization to corroborate, or obtain additional information.
- A nomination may only be submitted in one category.
- Closing date for nominations is to be confirmed.
- The Judging Panel will select the finalists and choose the award winners.
- Awards may not be presented unless suitable nominations are received.
- All decisions of the Judging Panel relating to the awards will be final.
CPHRNB Awards of Excellence Winners and Finalists
- Up to three finalists will be selected in the Rising Star and Human Resources Professional of the Year Award categories.
- Finalists will be invited to attend the gala celebration, where the award winners will be announced. The nominees will be the guests of CPHRNB.
- The recipient of the CPHRNB Honorary Life Member Award will also be invited to attend the gala as a guest of CPHRNB.