Have you noticed the age difference of the people sitting near you at work? Look around at your next meeting, and you will see someone close to retirement sitting next to a freshly out-of-school graduate. These circumstances present a unique challenge for today’s leaders: how to motivate and manage an inter-generational workforce.
As New-Brunswick’s population continues to age, those left in the workforce will be faced with challenges never seen before. Eddie LeMoine will bring participants through a journey to understand the impact of the aging population and how to create a workplace that will attract and retain a winning team. You will discover how to work across five generations, in a multicultural and diverse workforce. This presentation is packed with content participants can use as soon as they go back to work.
Aging demographics and the shrinking workforce has been a front and centre topic for several years. With people living longer, staying in the workforce longer or re-entering the workforce after retirement, we are now experiencing the latest form of diversity in the workplace—five generations! Should leaders be concerned about these shifting generation gaps? Definitely! To achieve maximum productivity and a great work environment, an effective leader is a leader who understands, manages, and communicates across all generations.
Today it’s commonplace for five generations to be working side by side within an organization. This recent phenomenon is contributing to the newest and probably most significant workplace challenge for today’s leaders. Research shows that bridging the generation gap leads to a more productive and happy work environment. Managing a specific generation (e.g., the Millennials) is no longer enough. It is now critical for a leader to understand, manage, and communicate cogently across all ages. Eddie LeMoine has been delivering keynote presentations and training sessions on the inter-generational workplace since 2005 and is considered a foremost authority on this topic. Let him share his insights for leading each generation in your organization.
Eddie LeMoine has made an extensive study of the inter-generational workplace. His observations are enlightening, and his presentations are delightfully entertaining and content-rich. Thousands of participants have learned from and enjoyed this presentation, and it continues to be one of his most popular topics. It is delivered in an engaging, fast-paced, and entertaining session filled with stories anecdotes and videos.
- How the retiring baby-boom cohort will impact workplace
- How to communicate effectively with all generations
- What unique characteristics each generation has and how to motivate them
- How to work effectively with each generation that you are not a part of
- What the key motivators are for each generation
- The “Curtain call” retaining workers after retirement age.
- Why the biggest competition in the future will be for human resources.
- How to relate to clients from all generations
- Harness the expertise of long-term employees. How technology will become more important to offset the shrinking workforce.
- What are successful organizations doing to attract, engage, and retain workers?
- The cost of losing an employee and the impact it has on costs and benefits
- How to keep people in the workforce
- Why the one size fits all approach to employee benefits, and office environment will not work in the future.
- Successfully navigate diverse demographics and skillfully integrate five generations in one workplace.
- Interpret future trends and their impact on your organization
- Improve productivity
- Contain cost
Choose a location below for more details and to register!
Sessions run from 8:00 AM—12:00 PM
This PD Session offers qualifying CPD hours for CPHR and CPA designated members.
Eddie is a Canadian-born international author, keynote speaker, seminar leader and corporate trainer. He is a sought-after resource ad has a powerful ability to close the gap between business results and personal development. Not only a successful professional speaker, his career experience as a seasoned business executive quickly builds credibility for his topics as he can personally relate business success stories and lessons learned throughout his 35 plus years of experience.