Senior Human Resources Business Partner
If you are looking for ‘The Next Step’ in your career, Kent Homes has the opportunity for you!
Kent Homes is Atlantic Canada's largest provider of homes and modular space solutions. We have been building quality structures since 1958 as part of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of businesses. Kent Homes Limited consists of three distinct business units: Kent Commercial, Kent Mobile Shelters, and the residential home division, Kent Homes. Located in Bouctouche, New Brunswick we build top quality homes and offices year-round.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner, a key strategic business partner, reporting to the Director, Human Resources of the Construction and Equipment Division and working with the Kent Homes leadership team, will be responsible for the development and implementation of HR policies and programs.
Your practical and hands on approach allows you to contribute to the operational and organizational success of the company. You are exceptional at influencing and communicating, easily building relationships and promoting teamwork from the front line to the leadership team. An innovative and creative problem solver you embrace technology and lead change with energy and enthusiasm.
• Assess and anticipate business needs related to the workforce forecast.
• Analyze HR trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies. Ensure the accuracy of employee information in the HR system.
• Collaborate with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Consult with leaders to provide guidance and day-to-day support (eg. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Ensure consistent interpretation, guidance, and application of HR policies and procedures.
• Partner with the Director, Manufacturing and union Shop Stewards to administer the collective agreement and lead the labor relations function.
• Develop contract terms for external hires and internal promotions and transfers. Lead the new hire onboarding process.
• Other duties as required.
What We Offer:
Working in a team-based environment we help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use great technology to support all aspects of human resources. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and we are proud supporters of our local communities.
• Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business, or a related discipline.
• Experience Required: 5+ years relevant experience in Human Resources or 5+ years experience leading operational teams in a manufacturing environment.
• A CPHR designation or equivalent is an asset.
• A self-starter with the drive to deliver exceptional results with an ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities in a matrix organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment while remaining positive and focused.
• A keen eye for detail and demonstrating a high sense of urgency in delivering high quality customer service.
• Collaborative in nature and possess finely tuned communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
How to Apply
Please apply online at http://r.rfer.us/JDITyv5eb
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.