The Moncton Chapter is seeking nominations for Vice President of the Chapter Council to begin a one-year term in January 2018. The Vice President will work closely with the President and Treasurer in preparation to submit their nomination for the role of President for a two-year term beginning in January 2019.
Any current Full Member of the Moncton Chapter of CPHRNB who would like to serve in this capacity is eligible and may nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
The key responsibilities of the Vice President are to actively participate in and lead:
- The mandate of the CPHRNB Moncton Chapter Council;
- Opportunities for Human Resources practitioners to meet and exchange knowledge;
- Promote the study of, and further the knowledge and development of Human Resources work to the mutual benefit of all its Members;
- To undertake Association-approved projects for the betterment of Human Resources work as a whole;
- Establish and maintain professional standards for Human Resources practitioners in New Brunswick.
It is also very important to note that the Vice President is expected to:
- Assist in leading, supporting and actively participating in the development of the Moncton Chapter Council in all projects, initiatives and events;
- Be available to attend, participate in and lead Chapter Council meetings;
- Demonstrate a high regard for and practice of fiscal responsibility;
- Research for potential speakers, professional development opportunities, etc.;
- Be comfortable in addressing the membership at events and interacting with those in attendance.
The nomination and election process will begin in November 2017 and runs until the Annual General Meeting in January 2018.
Nominations MUST include:
- A summary (maximum of 250 words) of your anticipated contributions to the Chapter;
- Nominee’s current e-mail address and telephone number. Please submit your nominations before December 8, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations will be reviewed by a committee and the final selection of the slate of nominees will be presented at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in January 2018.