Dear CPHRNB Members,
Please be advised that CPHR New Brunswick’s Board has approved a reduction in the number of CPD hours required to be completed annually and during the three-year rolling period. This change is effective for the 2019 CPD submission.
The new CPD requirements include:
- a minimum of 10 hours of CPD activities annually (instead of 20)
- a minimum of 60 hours in each three-year rolling period (instead of 100)
- CPD hours for each calendar year are to be submitted online by January 31st of the following year
To see a complete list of qualifying activities, click here.
The reduction in required CPD hours was recommended by the Board of CPHR Canada following a review by CPHR Canada’s Standards Advisory Committee. The new CPD Standard is more in line with other HR associations internationally, such as CIPD (UK), SHRM (USA) and AHRI (Australia). It is also consistent with Quebec’s CPD requirement. In addition, you will find changes to the CPD qualifying activities that will come into effect for the 2019 CPD submission.
We are also very pleased to announce that effective this month, the new CPD log (Continued Professional Development log) will be available online. You will now have the option to track your activities in you member portal. The system will retain all information as you enter it. You no longer need to submit your recertification log however your hours need to be logged by January 31st of every year for the previous year. Here are the steps:
- Log on to your Member profile
- Click on the Green box called ‘Update your PD Log
- Select the Guide if you want to review the process
- Select Add New Log to input your activities
- Select View PD Logs to see your entered logs to date
This is a very easy to use system and will be so much easier than working with a Word or Excel document to submit your activities.
If you have any questions, please contact us anytime at email@example.com.
Have a great day,