Eligible professional development programs must be directly in line with the HR Competencies listed in our Competency Framework. Applicants that meet our requirements will be given a CPD Pre-approved Seal. Attaching the CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-Approved Seal to your program marketing materials communicates that your program has been reviewed and approved to guarantee CPHR pre-approved CPD Hours.
The CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-Approved Seal is valid for up to one year on the approved programs, beginning on the date of approval. During this period of approval, you do not need to resubmit your program for review unless there are significant updates or changes to the content of your program.
- Review the minimum eligibility criteria outlined in this form and determine if you are eligible to apply.
- Fill out the application form, you will hear back from the CPHR New Brunswick Team within one week.
- Pay the CPD Pre-Approved fee.
- Receive a response (approval or denial) within one week of making payment. With approval, you will be given the CPD Pre-approved Seal.
- Market your approved programs displaying the CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-approved Seal.
What are the minimum eligibility criteria?
The program must be directly related to the HR Competencies, last at least 1 hour, and have a formal registration and attendance tracking system in place to confirm eligibility for CPHR CPD Hours.
Please see the table below for our Fee Matrix.
MATRIX of FEES
|Total Number of Instructional Hours
|Non-member Review Fee
|Member Review Fee
|1 - 10 hours
|11 - 20 hours
|21 - 40 hours
|41 - 60 hours
Application fees are valid for one year from the date payment is received. Application fees are based on the specific event/program you are having reviewed only. Therefore, the range is not an accumulative total, but instead, the hour range for the event/program itself.
Notes on Application and CPD Hours
When completing the application:
- Only submit instructional programs which have a pure learning focus (as opposed to a sales component).
- Only submit instructional programs that are a minimum of one hour in length.
- It is recommended that all professional development programs for which you would like to use the CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-Approved Seal are submitted at one time if possible. Each professional development program must be listed and outlined as per the guidelines provided.
- Please note the following: 1 CPHR CPD Hour is granted for each hour of instruction directly related to the current HR Competency Framework.
- CPHR Continuing Professional Development Hours can only be granted for hours of instruction. For hours of networking to count for CPD Pre-Approval, the networking must be facilitated or an organized part of the learning component.
- Self-paced / self-directed / distance education programs are eligible for CPHR Continuing Professional Development Hours equivalent to the minimum number of hours required to complete the program work.
Use of the CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-approved Seal
Use the Seal:
- On your organization’s website in locations where an approved instructional program is being promoted.
- On collateral materials promoting the specific program.
The Seal may not be used:
- On your organization’s website in a location where the approved program is not being promoted.
- In association with other activities that have not been approved.
- By another organization, even if that organization is a co-sponsor of the program. The seal is not transferable.
Organizations found in violation of the use of the seal and sample language will have 15 days to rectify the violation. Failure to rectify the violation will result in revoking the organization’s privilege to provide or seek pre-approved Continuing Professional Development Hours for a minimum of one year. For repeat offenders, the revocation will be permanent.
On what grounds can CPD’s Pre-approved status be revoked?
In cases where allegations of criteria violations or complaints of ethical misconduct are found plausible, CPHR New Brunswick reserves the right to revoke the CPD Pre-approved Status.
CPHR New Brunswick may revoke the CPD Pre-approved Status if it is determined that the provider:
- Provided false information on the application.
- Failed to conduct professional development programs in compliance with the established criteria.
- Provided false information about a submitted instructional program. This may include incorrect reporting of eligible CPHR Continuing Professional Development Hours or violation of guidelines for Continued Professional Development Hours.
- Misused the CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-Approved Seal and/or sample language.
- Used improper or unethical marketing of programs that have been advertised as pre-approved for CPHR Continuing Professional Development Hours.
- Jeopardized (at any instance, singular or repeated) the integrity or reputation of the CPHR Certification and the Continuing Professional Development programs.
In case of revocation, CPHR New Brunswick will notify the host organization’s contact person regarding the nature of the problem.
The organization will be provided with the opportunity to correct minor violations prior to being barred from submitting future requests. Organizations found in minor violation of the use of the seal and sample language will have 15 days to rectify the violation. Failure to rectify the violation will result in revoking the organization’s privilege to provide or seek pre-approved CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours for a minimum of one year. For repeat offenders, the revocation will be permanent.
Revoked Status will mean:
- Removal of all references to CPHR New Brunswick CPD Pre-Approved Status within 10 business days at the expense of the organization.
- No refund on payment made to secure CPD Pre-approved Status.
How is quality ensured for the approved program?
Please note that CPHR New Brunswick reserves the right to randomly audit, at no cost to CPHR New Brunswick, approved programs to ensure compliance with the established criteria and to investigate allegations of violations.