Director HR & Corporate Strategy
Various locations - Remote
Based in New Brunswick and Reporting to the COO, the Director of Corporate Strategy and Human Resources will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the Company’s Mission, Vision and Core Values. The Director will use their extensive knowledge in employee engagement, recruitment, and training, give input and direction in corporate forward and strategic planning, budgeting and sales strategies; as well as corporate governance to achieve maximum results while providing strong leadership and guidance within the organization. In conjunction with the COO and Senior management, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining corporate policies and efficiencies with respects to sales, branding and workflows. As HR Director, you will be responsible for providing advice, guidance, consultation and mentorship to leaders and employees on all facets of HR matters, as well as researching and making recommendations to HR practices and processes and implementing HR initiatives and programs. This role supports highly complex and varied HR issues, and contributes in the development of strategic initiatives. The Director of HR & Corporate Strategy role is critical to supporting the values of the organization and being a key contributor in supporting a workplace that provides our employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the achievement of the company’s goals.
• Development of corporate Intranet, communications branding strategy, employee recruitment, employee engagement training and corporate succession and perpetuation planning.
• Implementation and delivery of GTI’s values, mission, vision, and short and long-term goals.
• Facilitates the marketing and communications activities of GTI to both industry and consumers by using effective marketing and communications activities.
• Listens to clients, prospective clients and industry partners in order to improve overall services and quality assurance.
• Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key government and industry representatives.
• Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, and other industry related representatives to encourage a healthy working relationship and image.
• Provides oversight for the HR function; able to independently provide consultation, expertise and leadership on broad and very complex issues on the full scope of HR functions to leaders and employees.
• Leads, manages, and ensures recruiting best practices are followed to successfully attract, select and onboard new employees.
• Coaches and mentors, the leadership team on current Human Resource approaches to employee recruitment, retention, and engagement.
• Deploys talent management programs/activities and facilitates succession planning processes.
• Leads effective and appropriate employee communication and change management activities.
• Maintains and monitors compliance with established Corporate HR policies and procedures.
• Takes the lead in project activities related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of human resource policies, guidelines, best practices, and philosophies as required.
• Provides guidance to the leadership team on the creation and follow through on performance management activities including annual performance reviews, the performance improvement process and disciplinary activity including the termination process.
• Recommends appropriate compensation management in line with policy and oversight for job descriptions, salary administration, and annual merit cycle.
• Creates and manages the HR annual budget and participates in quarterly variance review cycles.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Travel will be required throughout the province of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
• Active member of Provincial HR Association.
• 10 years of progressive experience in human resources including recruitment, compensation administration, talent development, performance management, and succession planning.
• 10 years progressive experience with Corporate Governance, strategic/forward planning, leading brand development/communication plans, and developing/delivering internal processes and efficiencies.
• Strong MS Office Skills and proficiency in working with Human Resources Information Systems (HRMS) and applicant tracking systems.
• Advanced knowledge of local employment standards and human rights legislation.
• Strong business acumen with advanced analytical and problem solving skills to proactively identify and assess very complex and widely varied issues, client needs, opportunities, risks and impacts that support the business. Results oriented with the ability to drive appropriate solutions.
• Advanced decision making skills with the ability to work effectively with a high degree of independence and autonomy; takes initiative and makes sound decisions in very complex and high pressure situations.
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills with the ability to work proactively with all levels of management and employees, gain credibility, deliver excellent customer service, and foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written including facilitation.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• A team player that fosters a collaborative spirit and acts as a mentor to others.
• Strong leadership and the ability to act as a trusted coach to leaders; with the ability to manage change and influence effectively.
• Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry will be considered an asset.
• Bilingualism required (English and French)
About the Company
Let GoTo Insure help you achieve your career goals in a culture that offers growth balance and a flexible work schedule. Our commitment to our employees is to offer a competitive compensation package which includes a
comprehensive benefits program and a commitment to ongoing professional development. GoTo Insure is an equal
opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse open workforce.
How to Apply
please email firstname.lastname@example.org