|DATE:||March 30th 2017|
|8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|DATE:||September 7th 2017|
|8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
Please note that the deadline to register for the upcoming CPHR National Knowledge exam is September 5, 2017.
If you are writing the NKE, please note that CPHR New Brunswick is proud to offer our revised CPHR NKE Preparatory Session. This program, developed by the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association is now the official NKE preparatory program provided by five provincial HR associations including CPHR New Brunswick. It has been revised to reflect the new CPHR Competency Framework that became specific to the NKE beginning in 2015.
This two-day course is designed to help you consolidate the knowledge you already have and - more importantly - identify where you need to focus additional studying in order to be successful in the National Knowledge Exam.
During this interactive workshop, you will receive, review and discuss important HR theory for each competency area. You'll also receive the terms, definitions and sample exam questions, which will enable you to identify and rectify knowledge gaps.
YOU WILL LEARN
• The structure and format of the CPHR knowledge exam - components and weightings
• An overview of the updated body of knowledge covered by the exam
• To apply the knowledge using sample questions and group activities
• How to design and implement an individualized learning plan
YOU WILL RECEIVE
• a 300+ page manual containing concepts, terminology, principles, legislation and practices from the eight discipline areas covered in the exam
• glossary exercises for each of the new nine functional areas of knowledge (over 350 terms and definitions) you can use to enhance your understanding of HR terminology
• over 400 sample questions
It is important to note that the preparatory session is designed to give you direction on how to prepare for the exam as well as providing a source of study materials. Success in writing the National Knowledge Exam requires understanding of a vast body of knowledge. Participating in this session alone will not guarantee success. It will require on-going studying to ensure that you are as prepared as you possibly can be for the exam.
|DATE:||November 21st 2017|
|7:45 am to 8:30 am|
This notice is to inform the members of CPHR New Brunswick that the Annual General Meeting of CPHR New Brunswick is scheduled for November 21st at the Wingate Hotel, 69 Rue du Marché, Dieppe. The meeting will take place prior to the Moncton chapter professional development session.